Friday, March 1, 2013

Grammar Schmammar

 
This week was the week of my group’s grammar schmammar lesson. My group spent the weekend and the week working on our presentation. Instead of copying the previous groups by making a power point, we decided to be more creative. We made a power point presentation, “the old fashioned way,” out of poster boards to explain the difference between active voice and passive voice. After the lesson we divided the class into two teams and played a game of active and passive voice jeopardy to ensure the class fully grasped the concept. After each correct answer the participating classmate received a piece of candy and the winning team was rewarded with more candy.
I really enjoyed working with my grammar schmammar group; not only did I learn the difference between active voice and passive voice, but I also had fun being creative with my new friends. My drawing skills were put to the test and I feel as though I passed with flying colors. In the past, I have had trouble working in large groups because I prefer my ideas, however I found I was impressed by some of the ideas that my group members put forward.   
 




No comments:

Post a Comment