Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Not Good Weather for All


With the weather event that took place on Wednesday 6, 2013, I feel Richard Bland College should take into consideration their commuter students and what the weather is like from where they are coming. Although it was only raining on the Richard Bland campus, other areas were being pounded with snow and sleet.  In Chesterfield County there was an inch of snow on the ground by 7:00 am and showed no signs of slowing down. The news was reporting accidents along Hull Street, 288 North/ South, and 95 North/ South.

My carpool companion and I had a stressful morning weighing the odds of how to get to Richard Bland safely and if we should even try. Knowing that campus was not closed and the work we would miss could not be made up put enormous pressure on us. We decided to try, but when our vehicle started to slide we were forced to turn around. I know for a fact that we were not the only conflicted students on Wednesday; I received several emails from students expressing their concern for the situation. By the time Richard Bland closed, at 10:00 am, I had missed two classes and risked my safety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment