Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Break, Out with the Old and IN with the New


On November 26, 2012 I lost the love of my life. Towards the end of my sophomore year, my parents bought me a brand new Hyundai Tiburon. Tina (my car) was the most beautiful little sports car on the road. After four short years of driving with my beautiful Tina, disaster struck.

I had just merged onto Hull Street and stopped at the red light, headed home from Richard Bland. When the light turned green, I noticed the car to my left swerving into my lane. As I looked over to see how close she was, my head slammed into the airbag. A car running a red light had cut the car in front of me off and I was unable to stop in time. The damage to my car was catastrophic, and my Tina was declared totaled 2 days later.


In the beginning of March 2013, after spending four long months borrowing different vehicles from family and friends I decided it was time to move on. After researching on the internet for cars that fit my needs, I narrowed my search down to two - the Jetta TDI and the Elantra. After seeing them in person and test driving the two possible candidates, my heart was set on the Jetta TDI. On Wednesday 20, 2013 I bought my first car. Both vehicles were a first in different ways and have emblazoned themselves forever on my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry about your lost smh and both cars are beautiful but im glad your ok. Your new car is flawless! Enjoy and be safe!

    ReplyDelete